Thursday, November 17, 2011

First Post

Okay, so I'm kinda new at this whole blog thing, but I figure I'd give it a try. Maybe it'll help me sort out all this stuff in my head.

My name is Nick Burckhardt and I'm a police detective in Portland, Oregon. Things are getting weird around here.

I’ve been seeing these faces – terrible and horrifying faces – morphing from normal human faces. It doesn’t happen to every face I see, just to some of them – like Adalind Schade! I saw, or, thought I saw, her face change into some twisted zombie-like monstrosity, but I’m not sure if its real or I’m imagining it. I thought it was just pre-proposal jitters. (Hope Juliette doesn't find this!)

My partner, Hank, and I went to a call today out in the woods. It looked like someone had been mauled by a bear or some other cuddly forest animal, but the only track the rangers found was a boot print.

After looking over the crime scene for a bit, I heard music playing in the distance. Turns out, the victim was a jogger and had lost her iPod (and a pink Nike). Hank noticed it was the Eurithmics, and I noticed he could sing, jokingly of course.

We went back to the station to do some more digging, when I saw another face. It was some punk kid sitting at another officer's desk. He glanced at me, and then...he looked like a lizard! At this point, I had to be hallucinating. The face of a lizard? Get a grip.

At this point, I didn't have anything to go off of, none of my searches had turned up anything, but Hank had gotten a hit in missing persons on a student who went jogging this morning and never came back.

After talking to the roommate, we got a positive ID on Sylvie Oster. Hard to believe that was the girl we had seen that morning. Hank and I called it quits and we went our ways.

I came home to an eerily quiet house, but Juliette was just in the kitchen. I was surprised to find my Aunt Marie in town, sitting at the table, especially when I had planned on proposing to Juliette tonight, but I wasn't upset, since she'd been kind enough to entertain Juliette with the dead frog in the microwave story!

She needs to talk to me about something. I hope its not more weird stuff. More to come after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment