Thursday, November 17, 2011

Stealth

I went out to the trailer again tonight, looking for more answers in the book of drawings when I saw his face. The face of the guy whose house I practically invaded.

I went back to the area in the night, back to his house and I waited. And I watched. Eventually he came outside. I followed him around to the back of his house, and as I looked around the corner, I saw that he was urinating along his fence. Not just on it, along the fence line. Then he sniffed at the air, like he knew I was there.

He finished up, zipped up, went back in his house and shut off the lights. I crept along in the yard alongside the house when out of nowhere he burst through a window, tackled me, threw me against his house and growled "You shouldn't have come back," with his wolf-face baring down on me.

Then the wolf part retracted, somehow, and with half a laugh the guy said, "Lighten up. I'm just making a point. Come on. Let's grab a brew. And by the way, you're paying for that window."

I was stunned! This guy, this thing, was about to rip my head off and now he's offering me a beer. And why do I have to pay for his broken window? What is going on?! Apparently, I'm going to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment